So, you've hired me. I crack open a bottle of champagne and weep with joy. You gulp + think:
What happens next?
The start of a client-partner relationship is like the honeymoon phase without the honeymoon. Everyone's nervous. Is the client crazy? Is the consultant competent? Did I just waste all of my money? I'm here to tell you this is all perfectly normal. That's where my Type-A tendencies kick in and I've created a seamless process that gets us off to the races so we can focus on what really matters--solving your problems and building your brand and business. My process is clear, easy, methodical, and reliant on a few simple technologies. The details may shift based on our work together and your needs, but the three-step process and methodology are in tact.
Week 1: Identify
This is me getting immersed in your business through documents, Q&As and brainstorm sessions. Let's get specific:
- In the onboarding process, I'll send two documents: an asset request list + a discovery questionnaire. All all of your files to a Google Drive (I'll provide the customized link with folders labeled and ready for you!)
- I'll review the documents and schedule a follow-up call so we can chat through them. I'll have questions, you'll have answers.
- I may even ask if I can speak with a few of your customers Why? Their feedback is vital and can save us time and money figuring out how we can best message your ideal customer.
- By the end of the week, I'll deliver a "state of the union":
- Greatest opportunities + what needs to be improved.
- Quick wins: free changes that you can make to see an immediate difference.
- Next steps for the project.
- I'll share a link to your personalized report and schedule a time to chat at your convenience. Make sure you review the doc before our call--it's SO important. Once we agree on our world domination plans, I'll get started on the next phase of our work!
Weeks 2-3 Interpret
Now that we're on the same page regarding our world domination tour, this is when I buckle down and start formulating solutions. Know that you'll get a detailed outline in advance of the full plan because I think a client that doesn't have heart palpitations is a happy client. Let's get specific based on a sample marketing strategy case:
- If I'm working on developing your marketing strategy, I'll start with diving deep into the data (customer, industry/trend, and your performance). This gives us a starting point and helps us calibrate where we need to go in terms of our goals. The data will start to reveal a lot about your customers, competitors, and your business. However, data is only directional. You've gotta marry that with real-life, breathing human experience.
- Next, I focus on your customers and how to message them. Why? Because we could implement all the shiny new gadget strategies we want, but we if we don't have our ideal customer in mind and we don't know what pisses them off, what gets them out of bed in the morning, who influences them, how they talk, etc. etc. they'll never feel connected to your business. So we start with defining your customer and how to message them. We've got to get laser focused on this past
- Based on your business, objectives, budget, resources, and our discovery findings, I'll create a tailored "step" plan (i.e. a plan where you can test/see results without having to take a hammer to the piggy bank. We'll focus on the most practical and actionable items and blow out detailed step-by-step tactical plans on what to do, how to do it, where to do it, and how often we need to do it. Make sense? We start small and build.
- I share the complete plan in our Google Drive, schedule a call, and watch as you're blinded by the strategic light.
Week 4-Onward: Implement
This is where we put our solutions to work. This is the moment when we bring our plans to life. When we activate those paid media ads and segment our newsletters--and hey, if this all sounds Greek, I've got ebooks and guides where you can teach yourself along the way. Let's get specific:
- I can help you execute your programs, ABSOLUTELY, however, I also think it's fair to give you other options, namely:
- Complete toolkits on activating your campaigns. These are up-to-date playbooks on executing plans, determining what's working and not, and how to make everything shine. And these are customized completely for you and your business. Want to create Facebook ads? We'll show you how to build ads, audiences, banners--along with do's + don'ts and best practices. Consider this execution in a box.
- If you choose the box option, I'm always here (along with trusted peer experts) to guide you every step in the way in the form of support calls because you can't get rid of me that easily!
Cloud-based systems I typically use: Dubsado, Google Drive/Google Docs, Dropbox, Slack, but I can modify based on what works best for you!